Friday 16 March 2012

Tt is for Tortoise

When it is early days in Kinder, I like to give my little ones lots of practise  cutting out to develop fine motor skills. There are some children who come to school and they don't know how to hold a pair of scissors. This little craft activity gives cutting out practise and supports your sound work as well as early number recognition. The little ones need to match the pattern on the tortoise matching numbers 1-10.

 

This little one did a good job of cutting out.



This is the display in my classroom. So cute!

If you would like this little activity you can download it for free at my TPT store HERE.
 

5 comments:

vicky1970 said...

Hi Rhonda - very cute turtles...my best friend lives in Australia - grew up in Los Angeles with me but married an australian. Cute blog, I just found you and am your newest follower. :o)
Vicky
 Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After





Stacey said...

I love your blog, soo super cute!! The turtles are absolutely adorable,too! I am a new follower to your blog! :)


3rd Grade Times

Corinna said...

What a great activity, so cute!! I have just nominated you for a Top Ten Award! Please stop by and check it out.
Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Geo Papa said...

Hi Rhonda,
GREAT Blog, my first visit here. Pleased to have met you, my little Chloe-Jo's Teach. Where do i see the pictures on your site of the grandparents day? Do i have to be a member of the Facebook Good Friend Connect?
I can't send you an email because my outlook on my laptop don't work but can you send me one and i will respond.
gpapa2529@gmail.com
Thanks, Regards George Papa............s

Post a Comment